about Wood Floors
How long will it take?
- It depends on the scope of the project. Smaller projects usually take up to a week. It all depends on the drying and curing times.
Will it stink?
- It might stink. Different people have different sensitivities. The oil stains we use have odor but we do have water based stains upon request.
Will it make a lot of dust?
- There will be a little dust, similar to not dusting your home for a month. We run vacuums constantly to reduce the dust buildup.
What about my pets?
- Make arrangements for your pets to not be around the wood flooring process. Paw prints or hair can ruin finishes.
How fast can I move back in?
- Anywhere from 3 days to a month depending on the finish you choose. Our premium water based finishes are fully cured in 3-7 days.
Do I need my furniture out of the way?
- Yes, you need to move your furniture. Our water based finishes are 90% cured after 3 days so you will be able to move the furniture back in then. However, area rugs will require a full week before they can be moved back in.
How do I take care of it?
- Maintenance is simple. Depending on the finish system chosen, we will provide you with the proper cleaning kit and instructions to get you started. With proper maintenance you’ll never need a full refinish again and the wood floor will last a lifetime. Ask us about our maintenance service.